2009 Float COMPETITION GUIDELINES
1. Concept or theme for the floats must depict Filipino culture, values and tradition.
2. Each contingent will be provided with an Elf truck (please see attached illustration with dimensions) and P 30,0000.00 cash for materials. The P 30,000.00 for the floats will be remitted to the contingent prior to the event. The organizing committee must be informed upon registration where the amount will be remitted indicating the specific bank branch, the account holder’s name and the bank account number.
3. Elf trucks will be made available at the designated float construction area beginning 8:00 AM, April 20, 2009. The contingents may begin constructing their floats at this time.
4. The maximum height is 14 feet; maximum width is 4.5 meters. For every foot in excess of the maximum specifications, a penalty of one (1) point shall be deducted from the total score of each judge.
5. Criteria for Judging:
Craftsmanship 50% Theme 25% Over-all Impact and Ingenuity 25% Total: 100%
6. Winners of the Float Competition will receive the following cash prizes:
1st Prize P 500,000.00
2nd Prize 250,000.00
3rd Prize 100,000.007 Runners-up 25,000.00 each
7. Participation to the Float Competition will be based upon receipt of complete registration form by the Aliwan Secretariat c/o Ms. Eloi P. Baltazar, along with the description of the float design.. Registration can be sent through fax at (2) 832-6120.
8. Upon registration, each contingent should indicate the name of person(s) authorized to receive: a) Float Subsidy; b) Prize Each contingent should also indicate the name and Tax Identification Number (TIN) of the payee in case the delegation wins. Failure to send the description of the float entry deems the registration incomplete. 9. The decision of the judges shall be final and unappealable.
original post = aliwanfiesta.com